Saturday, November 20, 2010

8 Deadly Myths about Stress

For a FREE Report revealing how to 'Melt Away Stress and Anxiety'  enter your email address here: http://www.successwithstressnews.com

The latest exciting news from Success with Stress News

· 8 Deadly Myths about Stress
· The Connection Between Emotional Stress, Trauma and Physical Pain
· My Colossal Task Burden: Stress and Multi-tasking
· Free Breathing Exercises Audio


Hello,

As I am always ‘very busy’ these days and keeping in mind I am prone to stress, I organise my day best by fitting in what I have discovered brings balance and some harmony to me.And that is some form of physical exercise which I do first thing after breakfast..
I feel that it not only energises my body and my mind, but also frees me from the sensation of my body being in a somewhat tight ‘jacket’.
Which is quite a relief in itself!

Let’s get to the news of this week…

************************************************************
8 Deadly Myths Regarding Stress
*****************************************************************

A bit of a controversial article, showing the accepted, collective beliefs we have about stress. For instance, the ways we experience stress are due to our view of it and not because of our circumstances.


According to Andrew Bernstein in Psychology Today.
May 25, 2010:


“There are many myths about stress preventing us from living longer, happier, and healthier lives. Here are eight of the most common:

The first Myth: Stress comes from your circumstances. This seems true, just as the Earth seems flat, but stress actually comes from the thoughts you have about your circumstances, not the circumstances themselves. This is why people have different emotional reactions to the same situation.”

For more on this story, check this out:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-myth-stress/201005/8-deadly-myths-about-stress


*******************************************************
The Connection between Emotional Stress, Trauma and Physical Pain
*******************************************************
In this article on April 8, 2010,, Dr. Susanne Babbel, a psychologist specializing in trauma and depression, shows us the psycho-somatic effect of emotional stress on the body. This is called Somatic Psychology, bridging the mind-body gap.

She writes:
“Many people are already familiar with the fact that emotional stress can lead to stomach aches, irritable bowel syndrome, and headaches, but might not know that it can also cause other physical complaints and even chronic pain. One logical reason for this: studies have found that the more anxious and stressed people are, the more tense and constricted their muscles are, over time causing the muscles to become fatigued and inefficient.”


The article goes on to say: “More subtly, one might develop psychosomatic symptoms or stress-related symptoms because of unresolved emotional issues.”


To read more go to: 

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/somatic-psychology/201004/the-connections-between-emotional-stress-trauma-and-physical-pain

*******************************************************
My Colossal Burden: Multi-tasking
*******************************************************
And now for some comic - but a nevertheless good attempt at - stress relief!

In The Guardian, Saturday 22 May 2010 :

“When AJ Jacobs learned multi-tasking was bad for you, he decided to kick his chronic addiction to mental juggling. Get ready for Operation Focus…”

“This is awful. I feel as if my brain has entered a school zone and has to slow down to 25mph.
The stereo is silent. The TV black. The room dark. I am focused on nothing but a glowing computer screen. I'm doing this because I have a problem focusing. My brain is all over the place. Unless I'm doing at least two things at once, I feel like I'm wasting my time. Phone and email. Watching TV, checking Facebook and reading the news online. Texting and peeing.

In one sense, task-juggling makes me feel great: busy, energised, fulfilled, as if I'm living three lives in the space of one. But I also know I'm scattered. I'm overloading my circuits. This over-stimulated, under-focused world is driving us all batty…”

Very funny and compulsive reading for all ‘home-based business owners’….

Do have a read, it’ll make you laugh! 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/may/22/multitaking-unitasking-aj-jacobs

**********************************************************
Deadly stress myths
***********************************************************
A FREE gift from me:
***********************************************************

To help you relax and deep-breeeeeeathe…
A FREE Breathing Exercise Audio on this page:
http://www.success-with-stress.com/FREE-breathing-exercises.html


*********************************************
Coming up on Success with Stress News
*********************************************
We’ll be looking at how laughter helps your health and relieves stress, as well as an instruction page for getting the most benefits from it, plus further topics!

**************************************************
Share your News, Views and Experiences
**********************************************

If you have your own news stories, tips, or feedback then Success with Stress News would love to hear from you! Please drop me a line.

You'll never have to pay for this email service, you can unsubscribe anytime you like and I'llnever pass your details to anyone else

No comments:

Post a Comment